Re: Upgrading to Fedora core 4

Timothy Murphy wrote:

Thomas Jollans wrote:

I don't know anything about your problem,
but you could try installing in text mode
(giving "linux text" as your answer to the prompt at the start).

 I doubt this will help as Anaconda is still being told you want a
full install (including X).

I don't understand your comment;
"linux text" means you _don't_ want to install X.

if the installer is told to upgrade a system it will upgrade X11 as well
anyway, or not ?

I didn't express myself properly.
I should have said "use X" rather than "install X".

IIRC, the OP had a problem during the actual upgrade,
which appeared to be due to the fact that he was using graphic mode.
Therefore it was appropriate to suggest he try text mode.

On or about Sept 14, 2005 the OP posted

I am trying to upgrade to Fedora Core 4 and when it
is reading CD Disc # 2, I get this error message
saying that it can't find "xorg-x11-6.8.2-31" bcause
its missing or the package is corrupt. I downloaded
and burnt disc# 2 many times and I still get this
error. My pre-upgrade linux box is hosed.

There was no problem with X, only that the file on install CD #2 was fubarred
text mode won't help a thing.

Scott