Re: Swat and FC4 -

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am So, den 18.09.2005 schrieb Bob Goodwin um 15:18:

I have been trying to set up samba between my FC4 computer [Kernel 2.6.12-1.1447_FC4] and a newly acquired Dell running MS-XP without much success.

Presently I am trying to get samba swat [installed via yumex this morning] working but for whatever reason it won't run? I make the entry for localhost:901 in Firefox but it "can not establish a connection" to swat. I think I've made the needed additions to /etc/xinetd.d/swat

cat /etc/xinetd.d/swat

       disable = yes
Take that as it is. Either change that manually to "disable = no" or run
"service swat on" and "service xinetd reload".

Is swat compatible with FC4? It appears that after entering the localhost:901 in the browser I should get a login screen, but it's not happening. If there's some common error I'm probably making it. Any suggestion appreciated.

Once you activate the xinetd controlled swat you can connect to it on
localhost port 901.

Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia

Alexander

Thank you.  I don't know how I missed that?  I guess I just blindly copied
the suggested lines into the swat file.

"service swat on" did not work for me?  So I edited the file manually.

Thanks.

Bob Goodwin