Re: nfs mount

akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 01:35:58PM -0700, Vijay A Raghavan wrote:

I am trying to nfs mount one dir on the server to
another client.

Both on the server and client I restarted portmap,nfs
and autofs everything is restarting fine. In the /etc/sysconfig/autofs file based on the suggestion of
few in this forum I have changed the localoptions to
udp on both the machines.

In the /etc/exports dir I have the folloing
/u01 192.105.12.10(rw,sync)

Where /u01 is the dir in the server and 192.... is the
ip of the client.

Both the machines run on FC-4 and I tried with mount nfsver=2 option too but I get the server down
message.

Let me know if there is a solution to tackle this.

-Vijay

Have you both nfs and nfslock started in /etc/init.d
Anyway you have to restart the nfs or run exportfs -a after you change
the exports file.

Right.  portmap, nfslock and nfsd must be running on the server:

	service portmap start	(starts portmapper)
	service nfslock start	(starts lockd and statd)
	service nfs start	(starts nfsd, mountd and quotad)

On the client:

	service portmap start	(starts portmapper)
	service netfs start	(mounts NFS filesystems in /etc/fstab)

And you must "exportfs -a" on the server any time you modify
/etc/exports on the server.
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
-           "I understand Windows 2000 has a Y2K problem."           -