Re: [HOW] Changing FC3 file system to accept longer file names?

At 9:12 AM -0500 9/15/05, Jay Paulson wrote:
>I was wondering how do I get the FC3 file system to accept longer file
>names?  I have a few files that are X characters long on my Mac OSX
>machine and when I move the files over to my FC3 system I get the error
>of the file being too many characters and to rename it.  The problem is
>I can't rename these files for whatever reason.  Help!

Get a current 2.0 version of Netatalk, or if you already have that,
possibly set the right AFP protocol version somewhere (you need to use AFP3
at both ends, if there is a choice).  I use 1.6.4 on MacOS 8.6, so I can't
help there.  Netatalk 2 should support filenames up to 255 bytes long
(#chars depends on encoding), while 1.6 supports up to 31 bytes long.