Re: tftp???

Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 10:00:29 +0100
From: Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: tftp???
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 20:21 -0400, Peter Arremann wrote:
On Friday 09 September 2005 20:04, Jeffrey Ross wrote:
ok, I'm missing something stupid I'm sure, I (tried) to enable the tftp
server on a FC4 system, my tftp file in the /etc/xinetd.d/tftp file is
as such

--begin--

service tftp
{
       socket_type             = dgram
       protocol                = udp
       wait                    = yes
       user                    = root
       server                  = /usr/sbin/in.tftpd
       server_args             = -c -s /tftpboot
       disable                 = no
       per_source              = 11
       cps                     = 100 2
       flags                   = IPv4
}

--end--

I did a "chmod 777 /tftpboot"

when I attempt to send a file to the tftp server it fails.  I fired up
ethereal and I can see the following information coming back from what
should be the tftp server (the FC4 system)... Opcode: Error Code (5),
Error code: Not defined (0), and Error message: Permission denied

I'm sure I'm missing something stupid.  and I added the -c option so
tftp will allow file creation.  the system was actually restarted
several times since the change was made, but I've done a kill -1 and a
kill -USR2 in the past.

TIA, Jeff
All sounds right... In installed the server, put your xinetd config file in place, created the dir and changed the permissions... Worked just fine... you sure your permissions are right? put a few -v in the server_args and see if you get more log output.

The default SELinux policy for tftpd does not support upload, so that
could be the issue if you're running SELinux.

Paul.
Bingo... Thanks