Re: Print jobs not printing thru cups

Tim Waugh wrote:

That sounds like some sort of samba issue.

Talking about samba, I neglected to mention something. I apologize but there were too many details.

In the smb.conf, I have the following:

[printers]
       comment = All Printers
       path = /var/spool/samba
       browseable = no
       printing=cups
       use client driver = yes
       public = yes
       guest ok = yes
       writeable = no
       printable = yes

Please note the "use client driver = yes". I also uncommented the line "application/octet-stream" from both mime.type and mime.convs. The reason for this is because if I don't do this, my printer's status in Windows would always show up as "Access denied; unable to connect". I don't know if this is an issue in my failure to print japanese/chinese Word docs.