Re: Print jobs not printing thru cups

akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I will give you an extreme answer. Rename system-config-printer so no
one will ever use it again. Before than delete all your printers using
that application. And define all your printers using either the Cups
web interface at localhost:631 or use the cups commands  lpadmin and
lpoptions. From the web interface your can find the CUPS User and CUPS
administration manuals. Read them and you printing will be much better
and easier to deal with.
Sigh...I tried using the web interface and still the same. When I try to print from say, MS Word or Notepad, the application would just hang and nothing would print. I have to kill the process. Luckily, I have another printer, Hp LaserJet 4L, and that is printing fine though. It is just the HP LaserJet 1300 that I am having so much trouble with. Any ideas on what the problem may be? Right now, the device is connected through /dev/usb/lp1.