Re: libc.so.6: Cannot open shared object file: Permission denied

Paul Howarth wrote:

No, this is *obviously* not a normal file permission problem. And the
.so file is *of course* not missing. Please read my original message again.
Try relabeling SELinux?

  # touch /.autorelabel

and then reboot.

Yes. That helped. Thanks!

I'm not sure I understand why, though. Care to explain it? (SELinux is quite new to me..)

If you have ever booted with SELinux disabled (or share a Linux
partition with a different distro that doesn't use SELinux), you will
have unlabelled files on your system. Accesses to these files from
SELinux-protected apps won't work properly.

So /sbin/kmodule (which didn't work) would be an SELinux-protected app, and ls, cat etc. unprotected?

Maybe the problem is that the upgrade I did also enabled SELinux? Seems to me that if it did, it also ought to ensure it installed files with the right labels, though...

Relabelling fixes the
labels.

Paul.