Re: ATI Radeon 9800

I have a radeon 7200 and my machine locks up all the time. Even if I reboot and don't login, if I wait, the machine locks up. Locked up during fresh installs also, especially if I used non-text mode. I am running on a dual processor abit board with the via chipset. Any ideas? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Eddie" <bra.eddie@xxxxxxxxx> To: <john.horne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005 7:56 PM
Subject: Re: ATI Radeon 9800

John Horne wrote:

On Wed, August 17, 2005 16:27, Robert Bell said:

Thanks for the info, unfortunately I don't have that in my config file.
Here is mine, anything look out of the ordinary?

I don't run a multihead layout so I can't really comment on that. However,
if you are having similar hang problems with screensavers then you should
be able to just add in the option to see if it helps. Eg:

Section "Device"
   Identifier  "Videocard1"
   Driver      "fglrx"
   VendorName  "Videocard Vendor"
   BoardName   "ATI Radeon 9800"
   Option        "VideoOverlay" "on"

     Option      "BlockSignalsOnLock"   "off"

   BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
   Screen      1
EndSection

John.

Thanks alot dude. Had the same issues with my pc hanging when promted
with screen saver pw. Sorted now.

Edd