Re: External Network Change

Scot Harris wrote:

>Patrick Nelson wrote:
>>
>> Here are the changes that I make to mail server:
>>
>> 1. Use system-config-network to change the:
>>  -IP Address
>>  -Subnet Mask
>>  -Gateway
>> 2. Change the IPTables Firewall Script to match the new config
>> 3. Turn off the firewall script for the first booting in the new network
>> config
>> 4. Reboot
>>
>> The booting goes fine but I can not ping anything other than the GW
>> system on the Internet side.
>>
>> Is there anything that I'm missing or might try?  Or does this sound
>> like a routing problem on the side of my ISP?
>
>Did you modify /etc/resolv.conf to point to the new ISP's DNS servers?
>
>--
>Scot L. Harris
>webid cfl rr com

Sorry for the delay I was on a site.

The Primary and Secondary DNSs didn't change. The Primary is on the GW system and the secondary is local (the mail server as a slave to the GW DNS system). If I ping a FQDN I see that the resolution to IP is there. So I don't think it is the DNS resolution or am I missing something?