Re: Php cli help

Thanks to all of you that gave me informatin.
mm
Enrico Bianco wrote:

Mike McCarty wrote:
Enrico Bianco wrote:

[snip quoted material]

Firstly, there are three basic steps to installing something from source:
1)  ./configure (to configure the build)
2)  make (to build the binaries and other related files)
3)  make install (to copy the files to their proper places)
Not to pick a nit in your otherwise wonderful response, you left
out one little detail. One often must be su to root in order
to perform step 3.

[snip]

Mike

Thank you thank you thank you.

Assuming the recommendation of --prefix=$HOME I made later in that same
mail, su to root is not required since all files would be being copied
into directories under the particular user's home directory.  But yes,
that detail should not be left out, so thanks for covering it for me.  =)

Enrico