Re: Sad state of music playing on FC4

Arthur Pemberton <dalive@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

 > Have you tried Amarok? It is a lovely app once you configure it.

Very nice lead.  It is far superior to Rhythmbox and has the panel
applet I'm looking for.  Problem solved for me.

Thanks.

This now raises an issue that I probably should let lie ...
  nahhhhh. :-)

Specifically, what is the process whereby some Fedora packager decides
that xmms is tired and something like Rhythmbox, which is clearly not
ready for prime time, should be the Fedora Music Player of choice.  If
that packager is reading this message, please let us know why Amarok
should not be a leading candidate for the FC5 Music Player.

-pmr