Re: Evolution Data Server crashing problem

Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 07:59:13 -0400 From: Bob Chiodini <rchiodin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx> Message-ID: <1122033553.6021.13.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 17:01 -0400, Michael Wiktowy wrote:

Could someone please give me some pointers as to where the session info is saved for a particular user and what mechanism is responsible to respawning e-d-s when it dies? I suspect that this problem would persist through an uninstall/reinstall of evo + e-d-s . Moving to a whole new login and fresh environment would likely work but I suspect there is an easier way to clear this up.

Mike,

I cannot provide much info, other than me too.  I see the data server
crashing occasionally too.  I've seen it happen more often when
accessing the calendar.

I am using connector and attributed to back-end problems connecting to
our Exchange Server.  I rarely see it at home connecting to my IMAP
server.

Bob...

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the feedback. At least I am not totally alone.

My set up is quite different though. I am only accessing my email via POP3 and it crashes before I even start Evo up (in fact, before any of my Gnome panels come up). I have checked the obvious source for session applications (~/.gnome2/session) but that makes no mention of e-d-s at all. You did give me an idea though ... it might not be email related at all but rather the other groupware parts (like you are experiencing with your Exchange connection). I have it accessing a remote calendar that changed server names recently. I am not sure that I updated that. Pointing to a bogus calendar might cause some grief. I will look at that when I get home.

/Mike