Re: mail-notification: need alert popup or icon

Saurabh Siddharth wrote:
 Saurabh Siddharth wrote:
 >> Saurabh Siddharth wrote:
 >>
 >>  > Hi,
>> > I am using fedora 4. I need an application that can alert me whenever
 >>  > i get a mail(pop3). I tried usinf mail notification. But it doesnt
>> > seem to work. I need something like a pop-up whenever i get a new mail >> > or maybe an icon in the taskbar(like thunderbird has in windows) or >> > maybe some animation in the taskbar like there used to be in fedora 3(
 >>  > a jumping penguin etc)
>> > I see that i can configure mail-notification to run a command whenever >> > a new mail arrives. but i dont know what command to give here so that
 >>  > i can get the desired alert.
 >>  > thanks
 >>  > sid
 >>  >
 >> If you're using KDE as your desktop environment then:
 >> http://kde-apps.org/index.php?xcontentmode=231
 >>

 > I use gnome...is there an equivalent command for gnome??

gkrellm might be an option. It supports checking all kind of mailboxes.
Doesn't matter if you're using kde/gnome/whatever

Hth

Alex

Thanx Alex...that works..
it would be better if i could have something in my panel..i have selected the stay on top option...so it stays above other windows i cannot have it in the panel..there used to be some kind of notifier in fedora3 that stayed in the panel..i really liked that..anyway..this solves my problem..

this might be an option, too

http://www.employees.org/~ashokn/gmailwatch/

Alex

--
Alexander Apprich                science + computing ag
IT-Services                      Hagellocher Weg 71-75

s+c certificates via  http://www.science-computing.de/cacert.crt