Re: Catharsis - slowly my FC4 world crumbles around me

Mike Klinke wrote:

>> I'd like to go with Fedora
>> because I'm trying to go open source as much as possible.
>>
>> I'm considering wiping the Linux partition and installing FC3
>> Fresh.
>>
>> Or should I wait for FC5?
>
> If FC4 is too much of task at this time then I'd suggest trying FC3
> if you're determined to go with Fedora.  This, by no means,
> suggests that you'll have fewer problems with FC3 but since FC3 has
> been out longer there's a greater chance that more problems have
> been worked out.

I doubt if FC3 would be any different to FC4 for the three or four issues
the OP was concerned about.
And I doubt if FC5 will be any better.

Apparently FC4 is working well;
his problems are with inessential extras.

I would guess he would find solutions to some if not all of them
if he googled for people using the devices he has trouble with.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366