Re: ICS from firestarter

THUFIR HAWAT wrote:
There's a diagram showing how to connect two computers at <http://www.fs-security.com/docs/connection-sharing.php> which
describes my setup.

I have two computers:  arrakis and caladan.  Arrakis eth0 is the
external interface.  Arrakis eth1 is the internal interface.  Arrakis
eth1 connects to a hub, to which a second computer, caladan is also
connected.  I'm trying to setup ICS on arrakis.

Is the firstarter firewall preventing arrakis from accessing the
internet?  Every time I do step#1 I can't get on the internet, I have
to disable the firewall to get on the internet.  What's wrong with the
firewall settings, please?

What *are* your firewall settings?  They are not listed below.
As I have recently read in this list, you would probably have to make sure that arakis has the proper iptables rules to allow traffic through that is destined for caladan (when you disable the firewall, you are essentially allowing all of that traffic through, when you enable it, its obviously stopping all of the traffic destined to caladan from getting through, and possibly all of the traffic *from* caladan from getting through as well....)

[snipped step#1 and step#2 as they have nothing relating to your firewall]

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx