Re: ICS from firestarter

On 7/18/05, Kevin J. Cummings <cummings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What *are* your firewall settings?  They are not listed below.
> As I have recently read in this list, you would probably have to make
> sure that arakis has the proper iptables rules to allow traffic through
> that is destined for caladan (when you disable the firewall, you are
> essentially allowing all of that traffic through, when you enable it,
> its obviously stopping all of the traffic destined to caladan from
> getting through, and possibly all of the traffic *from* caladan from
> getting through as well....)
The only traffic from or to caladan are pings.  Either caladan pinging
arrakis or arrakis pinging caladan.  Those pings get through fine.
Caladan pinging www.google.com or similar don't get through.  Are you
asking if caladan can ping arrakis if arrakis has the firewall
enabled?

When the firewall is active then arrakis can't connect to the
internet.  If the firewall is turned off then arrakis can ping caladan
and arrakis can ping www.google.com.

I'm not sure what my firewall settings are, sorry.  Do you meant the
policy page?  There's nothing to select under "policy", it's all
greyed-out.  After I ran the wizard to try and set up the ICS I seem
to have a firewall of some sort which "turns off" the internet for
arrakis.

-Thufir