Re: force change of package version

This is happening because in FC3 you installed mozilla from a
third-party source, and that version of mozilla is still "later" than
the official FC4 packages. You can try updating it as follows:

yes, I'm well aware of the potential problems of using third party sources. Unfortunately there are many useful packages in such sources that aren't in the "official" sources... Before I update to a newer FC version I try and remove all third party packages so the system as is close to official as possible, and reinstall what I need after upgrading. Seems this time I missed mozilla.

1. Install yum-utils from Fedora Extras:

# yum install yum-utils

2. Download the FC4 versions of the mozilla packages you have installed:

# yumdownloader $(rpm -qa --qf '%{NAME}\n' mozilla\*)

3. Install the FC4 versions of mozilla you just downloaded:

# rpm -Uvh --oldpackage mozilla*.rpm

Hopefully this won't have any further dependency issues.

cheers, the above prescription was what I was searching for - worked a treat.

cheers Chris