Re: WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4

Does this affect fresh installs? I am about to do a fresh install of core 4 on a machine and then copy data over from a rh9 install

On Jul 16, 2005, at 1:59 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:

Tony Nelson wrote:

Unless the update process has a way of updating all the configuration
files under /home it is better to tar it up and store it
somewhere. You can restore it in an alternate location and
move the files that don't exist after the upgrade then use diff
to determine what needs to changed in with the files that are left.

That is basically what I do when I upgrade a server.

You must have lots of spare time on your hands.

Or maybe he does this to save time. It's only a few extra commands to a *nix expert (though I'd need time to figure it out): tar, mkdir, tar, and
diff.  Should be faster than troubleshooting it instead.

Are there actually any config files under /home
which are affected by installing or upgrading?
Which user do they belong to?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366