Did I make a mistake in starting with Fedora Core 4?

Fedora List,

I'm just starting out on Fedora, and on this list. I get the impression from reading other messages here that this has been discussed a bit, so please forgive me trying to catch up.

I gather from other messages that Fedora Core 4 might be more buggy than Fedora Core 3. I had assumed when I was deciding to download and install Fedora that the latest would be the most refined and stable. Was that an erroneous assumption? And, more importantly, would a beginner like me have an easier time with FC3? And can I even make the switch now that I have been using FC4 for about a week?

Dave