Re: Dual boot problem -

Benjamin Duehring wrote:

On Friday 15 July 2005 22:01, Bob Goodwin wrote:
I've installed, reinstalled, repartitioned and reinstalled again but no matter what this computer boots only to Widows 2000 and never displays Grub for FC-4. Windows is on /dev/hda [40gig] and FC-4 on /dev/hdb [10gig]. The user doesn't really need/want Linux but it will be a convenience for me if I can make it work.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thank you.

Bob G

Maybe grub has been installed on the master boot record of the second hard disk (hdb). But in the bios the first disk (hda) is selected to boot from.
If that's the case, modify your bios and change to boot order (your second hdd at first) or install grub on hda.
Do you have a dual-boot system? Do you administer it? Do you know
that this will work? Sadly, it may not, and he may wind up not being
able to boot at all.

I have a dual boot system Windows XP and FC2. I had much grief
setting it up. I still don't consider myself an expert. I withheld to give
advice, because making Windows and Linux coexist is a non-trivial
task. I have done it, and could do it again with XP, and offer advice
to people with XP. I don't venture to offer advice to someone who
uses a different version of Windows.

Mike