Re: Help: FC4 crashing regularly

Timothy Murphy wrote:

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

It is a cdrw drive which was workign perfectly in FC3.
Surely this is a question of the kernel,
not the distribution.
Couldn't you compile and run an older kernel?
(Or just get it - together with modules and initrd -
from an FC3 box?)
Well yes I could just get an older kernel. However I've come to accept
that being part of Fedora is taking a few hits for the team in the name
of testing. I don't think it helps anyone but myself to go to an older
kernel.

I must say I don't regard the kernel as part of the distribution.
The two seem orthogonal to me.
It's nice to have a kernel that's supposed to work,
but I always compile one as soon as I can.

In your case, I would have thought that running another kernel would be very likely to help diagnose the problem.

Ah, well if you have some steps I could follow to pin poin the issue, I'd be very happy to follow then and update the bugzilla report.