Re: How to setup KDE login/logout manager in FC4

Benjamin Duehring wrote:

On Friday 15 July 2005 20:07, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
kevin.kempter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

How can I setup the KDE login manager in FC4? Also how can I get the logout panel to show shutdown and restart options as well as the 'End Current Session' that it shows now?

Any help would be appreciated.

If you don't intend to use the gnome login manager again, and you have kde installed, then:

# yum remove gdm

or

# rpm -e gdm

A less "destructive" way would be to edit the file  /etc/sysconfig/desktop
and fill it with the values:
DESKTOP="KDE"
DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE"

I aggree. However I suggest the other was as gdm just takes up space