CUPS remote printing issue

I have two boxes both running FC3 (x86_64), and have an HP Officejet
6210 connected to one of them.  I can print on the server that has the
printer directly attached just fine (as a Postscript printer, using the hpijs
drivers and gsprint/ghostview/foomatic/whatever).

However, when I try to print remotely using LPD from a client
workstation, the PS is not interpreted (converted), as it
evidently comes out as "%! ..." in text mode on the printer.

This is probably something trivial.  Can someone point me to a
FAQ item, etc?

BTW:  When I set the remote client to print as PCL 6 (etc) instead,
printing works fine.

-Philip