Re: Minicom has only ansi or vt102

Mike McCarty wrote:

Mark Sargent wrote:

Mike McCarty wrote:

Mark Sargent wrote:

my permissions on the machine that yesterday I could change back and forth on,

Hmm. I just did an su and did

# minicom -s

and it gives me a setup screen which describes only one serial port. I used CTLA-Z to pull up a help screen, and I don't see any option to change to another port.

Ctrl-A Z O choose "Serial port setup" then A

I see a way to change what setup is being used, which setup could be a different
serial port.

What technique are/were you using to change ports?

see above for that technique..cheers.

Mike

Mark Sargent.

When logged on as ME, that option is disabled. It gives me
a box with "You are not allowed to change this parameter"
in it. In order to be allowed to make that change, I have
to su.

Perhaps you either have an usual minicom setup, you customarily
log in with root privilege, or you don't recall exactly what
you were doing.

Mike

Hi All,

I never log in as root, unless for a specific reason. I do run minicom as root, though, hence getting that option. I shall run it as a normal user just to recreate your scenario. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.