Re: up2date multiple problems in FC4

At 5:37 PM -0700 7/10/05, Glenn Story wrote:
>up2date is misbaving in multiple ways on an FC4 fresh install:
>
>1.  The icon that shows whether there are unprocessed updates shows a
>blue checkbox, even though there are updates I need.

This is a FAQ, and was answered today.  Searching the list archive does not
work, but here's a list mirror to search:

    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fedora-list&r=1&w=2

or use Google, but Google isn't as current:

    <search terms> site:www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list

>2.  When running up2date, every file complains that there is no GPG signature.

This is also a FAQ, but it hasn't been answered in a day or two.

>3.  The command "up2date --get-source kernel" blows up with a python
>stack trace:

It won't work anyway.  The release notes are wrong.  Just go to the Fedora
Download center SRPMs and get the current kernel from FC4 Updates or Core.

>4.  The "total progress" progress bar is always at 100% during download.

Evem when you download two things?  Parts of the update process download
very small files, though on my system running FC3 even those phases start
briefly at 0.