Re: HP2220 printer - does not use global settings

Kam Leo wrote:
On 7/9/05, Steven Stern <subscribed-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Kam Leo wrote:

On 7/9/05, Steven Stern <subscribed-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In FC4, I used system-config-printer to set up my HP 2220 printer.  In
the printer properties, print quality is set to "draft". However, when
printing from any application, it prints out at the "normal" print quality.

Should I be using a different driver than the one presented by
system-config-printer or should I be setting up the printer in some
other way?

Put http://localhost:631 in the location bar of your browser and check
the CUPS web printer administration utility to see if you have
conflicting settings.  If the HP 2220 is using a USB port you may need
to disable the cups-config-daemon service from running on all levels.

It shows up in CUPS as I've configured it via s-c-p.  If I disable CUPS,
what tools do I use to manager the 3 printers I'm connected to?

I did not and do not recommend disabling CUPS.  What I suggested was
that you disable the cups-config-deamon service which is a utility tha
loads at run levels 3-5 and scans the dbus for new hardward.  Follow
this link, http://www.cups.org/articles.php?L301 , and read about
cups-config-daemon.

Thanks. I tried that and it still prints in a high quality mode, despite the global settings.