RE: How to update RPM's from ISO images after hard driveinstallation

Many thanks Emmanuel. I've had a look at yum (both man and Internet) and
there is a very useful article which explains the process of setting up a
yum repository in detail. For anyone else who might be interested, it's at:
http://www.phy.duke.edu/~rgb/General/yum_article/yum_article/node14.html

In the end I only used yum for installing and did not set up my own
repository because they say that setting up a static repository from ISO's
will prevent yum from managing package updates to keep your system current.

All is working now, even my .NET code is running perfectly under Mono!
Happiness ;-)
Thanks to everyone for the help.

Pete.