Re: FC4 sendmail user mail file missing

On Sun, 2005-03-07 at 02:43 +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am So, den 03.07.2005 schrieb David Niemi um 1:21:

> dave is a system user?
> The /etc/hosts file is important as Sendmail takes it hostname from it.
> You can override this in the sendmail.mc. The local-host-names file sets
> additional class {w} entries, for which Sendmail feels responsible. As
> it is a plain text file it is required that you "service sendmail
> restart" after changes to it.

> Can you please post your /etc/hosts file content, the exact maillog
> entries and the result from command
>
> $ echo '$=w' | /usr/lib/sendmail -bt
>
> > What next?  Meanwhile I'll continue trying to read up on procmail and
> > sendmail, but I don't know what to look for so it's difficult.
>
> The basic setup would simply work. What else did you change in your
> Sendmail setup?

/etc/hosts
127.0.0.1	me	me.mynetwork	localhost
#127.0.0.1	localhost.localdomain	localhost

$ echo '$=w' | /usr/lib/sendmail -bt
ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT automatically invoked)
Enter <ruleset> <address>
> me.mynetwork
localhost.localdomain
me
localhost
[127.0.0.1]

I had made the additions to /etc/mail/access with the RELAY option, but
removed them and added them into "local-host-names" as "me.mynetwork"
and "me" with no RELAY.  Nothing else changed by me.

The user name in question is more appropriately "DaveN".  I don't like
posting actual user / system information on the Internet but I am being
very careful to ensure all spellings and translations are correct