Re: NTFS Concerns with FC2

Gordon Messmer wrote:

Mike McCarty wrote:

Hmm. First look seems good. But when I plug in my USB drive
formatted by Linux, Windows XP wants to start formatting it.
That's where my files are.

Windows will always ask about removable media, but as long as you say 'no', you should be able to use explore2fs to access its files.

Thanks. I accidentally booted with the USB cable plugged in,
and pulled it as quickly as I could. MicroSoft products
have a habit of making presumptions about what the user wants
when they encounter unusual circumstances, and being difficult
to convince that the user was doing something other than
presumed.

I remember one time when it took me about 2 hours to convince
Word that I really, really wasn't trying to make an enumerated
list just because a few lines in a row happened to begin
with numbers.

So I'm kinda careful about that sort of thing. Especially since
I'm trying to pay the rent with this computer.

Mike