Re: No Core Dump: FATAL: Received Segment Violation...dying.

Christian Kalkhoff wrote:

Hi David,

i am not sure but i think squid isn´t running as root. Further i guess that squid goes to / as workdir. If it hasn´t rights to write there, there is no core dump written. I had that some days ago for a multimedia app. If i started from /home no core dump, starting from /home/myuser it dumped.

I have no clue how to get arround that (except running squid as root) but hope it is kinda helpful.

Regards,
Christian

Thanks for the response Christian.

Squid is running as squid. The only directory squid can write to /var/spool/squid so I have cd there and restarted squid. We'll see what happens.

Regards,

David.