Re: No Core Dump: FATAL: Received Segment Violation...dying.

Hi David,

i am not sure but i think squid isn´t running as root. Further i guess that squid goes to / as workdir. If it hasn´t rights to write there, there is no core dump written. I had that some days ago for a multimedia app. If i started from /home no core dump, starting from /home/myuser it dumped.

I have no clue how to get arround that (except running squid as root) but hope it is kinda helpful.

Regards,
Christian

David wrote:

I have Squid dying once or twice a day but I can't find any core dumps.

I have ulimit set as below.

core file size        (blocks, -c) unlimited
data seg size         (kbytes, -d) unlimited
file size             (blocks, -f) unlimited
max locked memory     (kbytes, -l) 4
max memory size       (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files                    (-n) 8192
pipe size          (512 bytes, -p) 8
stack size            (kbytes, -s) 10240
cpu time             (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes            (-u) 8191
virtual memory        (kbytes, -v) unlimited

I did an rpmbuild to increase the file descriptors but apart from that it's a standard install.

Any ideas.

Thanks.

David.

--