RE: ebay phishing

> > I  would make see you that another ebay pishing mail was arrived.
> >
> > I've found that the link is different:
> > http://217.24.130.62/images/index.html
> >
> > It's incredible.

> I have been getting the same emails,  if it wasn't for the lack
> of https on
> the page it would be quite a good counterfeit. Hope that not to
> many people
> get caught up with that one.

You can always find the source of the e-mail by viewing the html source, and
verifying the IP (they're usually better disguised than what you see above).
Then you can go to http://www.networksolutions.com, and use the Whois to
look up the information for the sender.  The info for the IP listed above
isn't very useful as you see below.  I have found most of these e-mails are
coming from overseas.

The best thing to do is send an e-mail to ebay support to inform them of the
offending IP.

217.24.130.62
Record Type:   IP Address

OrgName:    RIPE Network Coordination Centre
OrgID:      RIPE
Address:    P.O. Box 10096
City:       Amsterdam
StateProv:
PostalCode: 1001EB
Country:    NL

ReferralServer: whois://whois.ripe.net:43

NetRange:   217.0.0.0 - 217.255.255.255
CIDR:       217.0.0.0/8
NetName:    217-RIPE
NetHandle:  NET-217-0-0-0-1
Parent:
NetType:    Allocated to RIPE NCC
NameServer: NS-PRI.RIPE.NET
NameServer: NS3.NIC.FR
NameServer: SUNIC.SUNET.SE
NameServer: AUTH00.NS.UU.NET
NameServer: SEC1.APNIC.NET
NameServer: SEC3.APNIC.NET
NameServer: TINNIE.ARIN.NET
Comment:    These addresses have been further assigned to users in
Comment:    the RIPE NCC region. Contact information can be found in
Comment:    the RIPE database at http://www.ripe.net/whois
RegDate:    2000-06-05
Updated:    2004-03-16