Re: Dumb Question: Using maillist summaries - how to reply to particular posting?

Herschel wrote:
I apologize if this is in the FAQ; I just rechecked it and I do not see
it mentioned.

Summaries have at least 10 (or more postings) I would like to keep my
reply on the same thread both for coherence and to aid others having
similar problems later.

You're better either:
(a) not subscribing in digest mode (use a filter to put fedora-list messages in a separate folder and you won't clutter up your inbox with list messages), or
(b) use MIME digests, which will present each message as a separate attachment, which can be replied-to individually.

Another question (that is not to be taken in too snide a tone) why is
the Red Hat search so worthless?  I do better greping on the stored
summaries in my email or with Google than right on the list.

The search facility is well-known for its uselessness ;-)

Some useful search tips can be found in the unofficial fedora-list users' guide at:

http://www-personal.ksu.edu/~seabra/linux/FedoraRules.html

Paul.