Re: OT - GnuCash Help

kevin.kempter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Friday 13 May 2005 15:32, dan wrote:

kevin.kempter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

All;

I use GnuCash to manage accounts, billing, etc. When I create a "fancy
invoice" I see the following at the top of the invoice to the right of my
company name :

Phone: (111) 222-3333
Web: http://companysite.com

Does anyone know where to set this?

If I go to File-->Propertiews I have only a place for the comapny name
and company address.

Also, If I create a normal "Printable Invoice" and print to a file (postscript or pdf) then I get a blank page on page 1 and the invoice on page 2.

I've posted to the GnuCash mail list, did various google and GnuCash mail
list searches, etc with no luck..

Thanks in advance for any info you may have....

Kevin -

I've never used GnuCash before, but after reading your post, I think I'm
going to start using it here.

Based on what I've read, it's probably an element set somewhere in a
MySQL database.  Are you familiar with going through a database such as
this and finding this string, and perhaps changing it, if you can't find
an option for it?

Does GnuCash have a module or something of the like to integrate a
Payment Gateway, so that I can charge CCs through GnuCash and have it
create invoices and fill invoices and such?  I've been looking for this
functionality in an accounting software for a very long time :(

Thanks!
-dant

Dan;

Turns out the string was hard-coded in one ot the stylesheet files (/usr/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/report/). Also with some fiddling around with the settings I got rid of the blank page in the pdf file.

Kevin -

Alright, thanks for that info.  That'll work.

What is GnuCash written in? Have you been able to find out if it integrates into different payment gateways so that billing can be done on-the-fly?

You had mentioned making custom invoices and such, this would be an incredible tool. Does this work well for you?

Thanks!
-dant