Re: YUM: what is this error trying to tell me?

clemens@xxxxxxx wrote:
On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 11:57 -0600, clemens@xxxxxxx wrote:

What is this error traceback trying to say?

I don't suppose you typed "Ctrl-D" instead of "y" or "n"?

No, the output you saw was from a script, which ran

    yum -e 0 -d 1 list updates ; yum -e 0 -d 1 update

If you suspect some problem with ^D, then perhaps I should add -y to
the command line(s).

How are you running the script? At a shell prompt, or from a cron job? Where does standard input for the script come from?

Is this repeatable?

It happened on two different machines, so it is repeatable, However, running just a

    yum list updates

and then

    yum update

later, by hand, ran just fine, without any errors (and where I typed in 'y' at the question)

Do you want the updates installed unconditionally? If so, add the -y option. If you want to decide interactively, you certainly won't want to use -y.

Mumph.

Any further thoughts?

P.S. Please don't Cc: me on replies to the list; I read the list and don't need two copies of the mail.

Paul.