Re: Get rid of windowz.

Hi

I use up2date and there are many files in /var/spool/up2date and I
assume these are the right ones. But why are they .hdr files and how do
I tell up2date or yum to take them if I want to update after reinstall?

Those are header files which contain the RPM meta data. The RPM's themselves are removed by default by up2date. Sorry. It looks like you need to redownload stuff. Just for your future reference. You can change up2date behavior using up2date-config or use yum which does not remove packages by default

regards
Rahul