Re: Fedora Core brevity vs server upgrades

William Hooper wrote:
John Summerfied wrote:
[snip]

you wouldn't have to keep redistributing the mirror list,

It's 2K, not that big of a deal.

The current implementation is.

[snip]

I suspect that most of the improvement in the second run occured because
the disk data was mostly cached.

What does this have to do with fetching the mirror list?

It was doing _something_ during all that time. What it was it didn't show, whether it was the mirror list or the metadata from yet another mirror or both, I could not see.

Whatever, it's slow.

The same can be done with Yum by using "Exclude".

Thanks.

--

Cheers
John