How do I get sound to work in FC3?

I just installed FC3 on a box that was pre-loaded with Linspire. I checked out
Linspire out of curiosity and the sound worked fine. Then I wiped the box and
installed FC3 because running as root all the time via Linspire is simply not
an option. Most everything went well but I have no sound.

I'm not sure even how to start debugging sound issues

Any help/tips?