Re: How do I get sound to work in FC3?

kevin.kempter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb:
I just installed FC3 on a box that was pre-loaded with Linspire. I checked out Linspire out of curiosity and the sound worked fine. Then I wiped the box and installed FC3 because running as root all the time via Linspire is simply not an option. Most everything went well but I have no sound.

I'm not sure even how to start debugging sound issues

Any help/tips?

does sound work as root -> if so you got a permission issue - look there: man 5 console.perms

I changed the /etc/security/console.perms the line to:
<console>  0666 <sound>      0666 root

so any user can access the sound devices -> voilá :)

regards
harald kapper