Re: multimedia licensing

kwhiskers wrote:

I am glad to hear that the GPL can act as a kind of safeguard for keeping Linux free. I am definitely sold on the idea of free software, free books, free art, free music, etc, to permit everyone access to electronic media without disenfranchisement based on income or lack of financial resources.

I would gladly convert my mp3 files, but there are thousands, and apart from the time it would take, there is also the concern that there would be a loss of quality through the conversion. But mostly, I am worried that, were I to convert to ogg vorbis and theora, I could not share files with friends.

For your information, Winamp 5 does support ogg vorbis. vorbis.org has details of other players that support it

regards
Rahul