Re: network stalls on Fedora Core 3

I checked /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn and it was set to 0.

After I checked that, I decided to run tcpdump on the remote server and the workstation that is having the problem. What I discovered is that after the stall occurs, I can see the workstation sending a TCP request to the server. I then see the remote server sending a response back to the workstation, but the response TCP packet is never displayed by tcpdump on the workstation. After a short pause, I see the workstation sending the same packet again.

Now, I am sure the response packet is getting to the workstation because it was receiving data from the server. Is it possible the the workstation is dropping the response packet?