Re: bochs vs. vmware

kwhiskers wrote:

Has anyone had much success with bochs?

The software I paid dearly for, vmware 4.5, is already ending it's
lifespan and, no doubt, will not be long before it doesn't work with
linux anymore.

I cannot speak to bochs but VMWare is proclaiming enhanced support for Linux. I know that VMware being acquired was supposed to be the death knell for Linux but so far that has not happened from what I can see. I should qualify this by saying that I am a 4.5 user and am unaware of what it is exactly that supports the "enhanced support" claim. My sole contact has been the newsletter I received via email that I only skimmed.

YMMV

--
Eucke