Re: No Sound for Soundcard

Jason Hoskins wrote:

I have Fedora 3 and my sound card is detected. The detection indicates the Model is ES1969 Solo-1 Audiodrive and module is snd-es1938. If I test the sound, it is successful but when I play a CD or DVD I do not. My kernel version is 2.6.9-1.667. What do I need to do or confirm to get the sound working?

Thanks!

Jason, Google is your friend. Sound card problems have been addressed a number of times on the list. Basically, default FC3 sound volume settings are zero. You can find those earlier queries and replies by googling, fedora-list + FC3 + sound, fedora-list + snd-es1938, fedora-list + sound + snd-es1938 or some other combination of terms relevant to your own sound hardware.