Re: Fedora 3 (iso discs 2 and 3)

Hi

I had major hassle getting the iso CDs burnt on my win98 machine to pass the media test. Took about 10 CDs to get two good ones, so i tried the install any how (to blank HDD space) and it worked OK. The first iso had passed but two and three which were both use for a workstation installation were OK.

Don't know if this is of any help but if you're installing somewhere you can't do any damage...

Cheers

Geoff

script wrote:

I have had that behavior with one type of hardware.
Curing the problem
may involve turning off dma.
Here is where my memory is fuzzy. I think the option
when installing
and maybe also with mediacheck is: ide=nodma

If I have gotten the form of the option wrong
someone will point that
out I am sure.
--

hey - thanks for your reply - i'll give that a try on my next attmept.

interesting that when i changed my cdrecord speed
option from 4 to 2 and reburned (yes a third time)
disc 2, the media check gets to 100% then fails. for
the moment i'm going to try to install from it as it
is and just see where that gets me. if it breaks, i
guess i'll be back at it tomorrow.

here's my cdrecord command (not that it matters
probably):

[root@localhost fedora_dl]# cdrecord -v -eject speed=2
dev=0,0,0 FC3-i386-disc2.iso