Re: Bluecurve theme disappeared following RH9 to FC3 upgrade [RESOLVED]

Mike Fleetwood wrote:

After upgraded directly from RH9 to FC3 the Gnome desktop is very
spartan and not displaying the Bluecurve theme.  Instead a default
desktop is displayed with virtually empty panels.  After adding the
Main Menu it only contains names and no icons.  Lost more ugly
default theme everywhere, no key binding including Alt-TAB, etc ...

Also running gnome-theme-manager (Main Menu / Preferences / Theme)
produces an error dialog box containing:
  The default there schemas could not be found on your system.  This
  means that you probably don't have meatcity installed, or that your
  gconf is configured incorrectly.

metacity-theme-viewer reports loading "Atlanta" theme.

Is there someway to get Bluecurve theme and associated settings back?

Hello,

I also have this problem. I change the LANG setting long ago to fix Acroread. Now if I do
LANG=en_GB.UTF-8 gnome-theme-manager

It works.

Great work and thank you.

Cheers,