Re: Bluecurve theme disappeared following RH9 to FC3 upgrade

Mike Fleetwood wrote:
> After upgraded directly from RH9 to FC3 the Gnome desktop is very
> spartan and not displaying the Bluecurve theme.  Instead a default
> desktop is displayed with virtually empty panels.  After adding the
> Main Menu it only contains names and no icons.  Lost more ugly
> default theme everywhere, no key binding including Alt-TAB, etc ...
>
> Also running gnome-theme-manager (Main Menu / Preferences / Theme)
> produces an error dialog box containing:
>   The default there schemas could not be found on your system.  This
>   means that you probably don't have meatcity installed, or that your
>   gconf is configured incorrectly.
>
> metacity-theme-viewer reports loading "Atlanta" theme.
>
> Is there someway to get Bluecurve theme and associated settings back?

I asked:
> Does adding a new test user get what you want? If so, you may want to
> copy the ~/.gnome* and ~/.gconf* directories somewhere else and re-start
> X.

Mike replied:
> Unfortunately this made no difference.
>
> A brand new test user still had the same problem.  Even took the machine
> to run level 1 and killed gconfd and a few other processes before
> returning to run level 5 and testing the user for the first time.

Hmm. Since it's an upgrade, I assume that you're still on x86, not
x86-64 (which might involve multi-arch issues).

What does
rpm -V redhat-artwork
and possibly
rpm -V gnome-utils metacity
show?

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Dalek invasion at work today. I plugged them into the
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | net: they behave better than some Windows boxes. They