Re: top posting, HTML posting and "the closer"

Janton wrote:

	It is my opinion that people using this list should initially
observe the way the list works. If it is unsatisfactory, a discussion like
this may change it. Blatant disregard will only mess things up.
	In cases like this, I think the will of the one must bow for the
will of the many. If this is a problem; find another tool or make one
yourself.

I was taught by some unknown person at the dawn of the internet - I was using Compuserve sometime in 1995 - that one should "lurk" in a particular newsgroup for a while before posting anything to the group. This was to ensure that one got a feel for how that newsgroup community preferred to use the group. I have always adopted that lesson with every subsequent newsgroup that I have subscribed to since (other than Micro$..te ones of course).

-- Chris Jones mailto:chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx SAS gives the power to know your data...