Re: xorg-x11-6.8.2-1.FC3.13 appears to not like multiprocessors

Seth Alford wrote:
I downloaded the previous xorg rpm's, version 6.8.1-12.FC3.21, from the Fedora
web page.  I forced rpm to load the previous packages, then I erased the newer
xorg packages (6.8.2-1.FC3.13.)  I should probably have done that in the
opposite order.  But, I'm now running with 2 processors enabled, no
hyperthreading, in a gnome-terminal under X11.

So something about the newer xorg packages disagreed with my dual processor
system.

BTW, I tried enabling hyperthreading again with the second processor disabled.
Inexplicably, this time, the system locked up once I brought up X.  I could
have sworn that that worked correctly with the 6.8.2-1.FC3.13 packages.

Thank you for downgrading and verifying the issue. I would advise reporting at bugzilla.redhat.com and search upstream for any existing similar report. If nothing similar exists then also report upstream. Note in both reports the equivalent RH/upstream report URL.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx