Re: xcdroast and k3b non-root permissions?

On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 18:21, Markku Kolkka wrote:
> Matthew Rex kirjoitti viestissÃÃn (lÃhetysaika maanantai, 28.
> maaliskuuta 2005 05:36):
> > I started looking at k3b - it also seems to only work when run
> > as root.
>
> Not true, it works fine as a regular user.

As a regular user I see no devices under settings/configure/devices. As
root it recognises the CD writer...

> > It mentions changing permissions on the CD writer
> > device to allow non-root usage. Is this safe?
>
> FC3 takes care of this automatically, don't mess with the
> permissions by yourself.

Agreed - I don't want to change these either!

I am running k3b on a remote FC3 system, with the X server on a FC2
system via ssh. Shouldn't matter I hope.

Do the following errors have anything to do with this?

kbuildsycoca running...

<the following lines appear after closing
k3b.>
** ERROR **: file gam_tree.c: line 146 (gam_tree_remove): assertion
failed: (g_node_n_children(node->node) == 0)
aborting...
end from FAM server connection

Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy

Thanks your help,
Matt.